A new, comfortable tool allows the import and export of the complete imc FAMOS configuration. This makes the computer relocation child's play. In addition, configurations can be standardized and used within teams or even company-wide.
The new tool "imc FAMOS Configuration Im & Export" enables this to be achieved reliably and conveniently with a just a few mouse clicks:
- imc FAMOS global options, menu layouts
- Favorites, data sources and Panel-templates
- Data filters, pre-defined sequences and libraries
- All kinds of templates for projects, curve configurations, sequences, reports, logos etc.
Particularly interesting for admins: Configurations can be comfortably rolled out via command line "xconfig -i PathToFamosCfgZip". This saves time and increases productivity.
The data file format HDF5 (“Hierarchical Data Format”) is prevalent in scientific fields, where it serves to handle very large volumes of numerical data. It is supported by many platforms such as Java, Python, R or Mathematica. In particular, Matlab uses it as its default format (e.g., in Matlab R2018b). imc FAMOS 7.5 provides an importer for this rather complex format. It thus builds a firm bridge to numerous data pools, allowing the user to choose the best and most appropriate tool for the respective task to accomplish.
imc FAMOS now offers the possibility to extend the function library with your own functions. Recurring subtasks or complete evaluation algorithms, which were previously available in sequences, can now be transferred to your own sequence functions. This encapsulation structures extensive evaluation sequences, thus making them easier to understand and maintain. In addition, know-how can be better shared with colleagues by means of centrally maintained function collections. Now all data analysts in the company benefit from functions created once.
The new "sequence functions" offer the following advantages over subsequences::
- Input and output variables can be clearly defined as parameters (number, type, direction)
- Variables are automatically encapsulated and do not influence the variables of the calling sequence
- Automatically appearance in the function list
- Can be dragged & dropped, double-clicked and auto-completed into the sequence
- Function assistant is available
- Help text can be created to be displayed automatically
- Can be stored and integrated centrally (e.g. on a company server)
- Password mechanism can also be used to protect sensitive know-how
With the new version 7.5, imc FAMOS offers some new functions. New tools are available, in particular, for video and image processing:
- VFOpen(): A video file is opened and prepared for the subsequent attachment of frames. The following editing functions are then used to attach the video file:
- VFAppendPanelSnapshot(): A page of the active panel is exported as a bitmap and attached to the opened video file.
- VFAppendCwSnapshot(): The content of the currently selected curve window is exported to a bitmap and appended to the opened video file.
- VFAppendFrame(): A bitmap is loaded from an image file and attached to the opened video file.
- VFAppendRGBData(): An RGB data set is converted into a bitmap or a sequence of bitmaps and appended to the opened video file.
- VFClose(): A video file is closed and the content is written to the disk.
Free choice of reduction for standard statistics:
For the statistics functions with moving evaluation window, the limitation of the ratio of window width to reduction factor has been extended from 10:1 to max. 1000:1:
Large averaging intervals no longer necessarily force a correspondingly large reduction.
MvMean(), MvRMS(), MvStdDev(), MvMax(), MvSum, etc.
- VerifyVar(): Checks whether a variable meets specified conditions.
With the new exception and error handling, users can now define for the first time what happens in the event of an error. Exceptions and errors can be intercepted at runtime or deliberately ignored and handled at a later point in time. This allows analyses to continue automatically even in the event of an error. Sequences become more robust and can evaluate large amounts of data unattended. In addition, the new exception and error handling provides the following functions:
- Logging of exceptions, errors and comments in a logbook
- Create your own error events with your own error texts
- Querying the last error event
- Drag & Drop + CRTL of a subsequence from the sequence tree into the input window, saves typing the name of the subsequence
- Drag & Drop + CTRL of a subsequence function from the sequence tree into the input window creates the call mask of the subsequence functions.
- Copy/Paste for subsequences/sequence functions (in the context menu of the sequence tree): This allows you to quickly create variants of subsequences.
- Additional option for debugging: "Always interrupt on error".
- Declaration of text fields now directly possible, for example: MyTextfield = ["cold", "normal", "warm", "hot"]
Besides the documentation of the measurement results as PDF, PowerPoint and Excel, imc FAMOS now also offers the possibility to generate video reports. With new sequence functions, snapshots of panels and curve windows can be generated, linked and saved as videos. This opens up completely new possibilities for visualizing complex results and correlations in a well controlled and logical sequence. In addition to snapshots, external images can also be integrated into the video, for example to add your own intro or outro. The complete film is exported as a standard video file: quality, resolution and format (.mp4, .avi and .wmv) can be freely defined. This means that the video report can also be played outside imc FAMOS.
Modern data acquisition software such as imc STUDIO allows video data to be recorded synchronously with conventional analog measurement data and fieldbuses. These different data must then be specifically evaluated during the analysis. It is often desired to evaluate video data at a certain point in time. With the new VpGetImages() video grabber function, users can extract individual images from a video at a defined point in time. These images are transferred into a normal FAMOS channel, which can be displayed, analyzed and stored like all channels.
The image information is available in the channel as a matrix so that each pixel can be addressed and analyzed. This makes it possible to determine the positions of objects, detect colors to detect annealing, for example, or detect states such as the opening and closing of a valve.
All other new features in imc FAMOS 7.5 can be found in the short manual "What's new in imc FAMOS 7.5", which you can download using the following button.
- New data format, version 3 with faster loading and viewing of large files
- Accelerated structure of the data browser
- Accelerated curve window display
- Sequence Editor
- Convolution of code blocks
- Syntax highlighting: different styles for functions, flow controls, texts, constants and comments can be defined individually
- Improved search function: search with regular expressions, marking of all found places in the text
- More new features:
- Optimized selection options in the Sequence Editor
- Selection of an entire line using keyboard shortcuts
- Move selected areas by Drag & Drop
- Moving breakpoints and bookmarks with the mouse
- Projects with import filters: Import/export files, ASCII/EXCEL export templates and import filters can be saved in the project
- Project Explorer column "Date of last change".
- imc FAMOS Panels as Apps
- Panels can be used as stand-alone dialogs ("modal")
- Tab key for changing focus between widgets
- Password protection for panels
- Curve Windows
- Your own ticks with labels in the curve window
- Legend font size is now independent from other elements
- New Functions
- XXlWbOpen(): Excel files can now also be opened with password.
- XlWbGetCount(): The number of currently open Excel files is determined.
- XlWbGetName(): The name of an open Excel file is determined.
- XlWbExist(): Checks whether an Excel file with a given name is currently open.
- XlSheetGetCount(): The number of sheets in the active Excel file is determined.
- XlSheetGetTitle(): The title of a sheet in the active Excel file is determined.
- XlSheetExist(): Checks if there is a sheet with a given title in the active Excel file.
- XlSheetInsertCopy(): The copy of a sheet is inserted into the active Excel file.
- XlSheetMove(): The position of a sheet in the active Excel file is changed or a sheet from another Excel file is moved to the active Excel file.
- XlSheetRename()Rename a sheet in the active Excel file.
- XlSheetSetOption(): Sets display and print options for the active sheet.
- XlSelectRange(): Selects a cell or cell range.
- XlGetSelectedRange(): Excel: Query selected range.
- XlPaste(): Pastes the contents of the clipboard into the active sheet.
- XlFind(): Searches the current sheet for text.
- Cutting data sets using the gren or cut function with absolute time specifications
- SpeakText: speech output of texts, instructions, states and resultslWbOpen(): Excel files can now also be opened with password.
- More new features
- For dialogs there is a new element "Option group (Radiogroup)".
- Dialogues: Focus change via Tab key between the widgets
- New Functions:
- GrExpand(): Expand data group
- PnShowPage(): Control the visibility and usability of a panel page.
- PnRemovePage(): Delete a panel page
- RenameMeasurement(): The name of a measurement in the data browser can be renamed now
- Extended functions:
- GetSystemInfo("Famos.IsKitAvailable", ...): Query if a special extension kit exists
- SetOption("DLLImport.DefinitionFile", ...): Activate definition file for external DLL functions via sequence
- GetOption("Dir.DefinitionFiles"): Returns the directory for definition files.
- FileLoad(): It is now possible to use import filters that are currently deactivated.
- Dialog(): It is now possible to specify a panel file, which is executed "modal".
- FileOpenDSF(), FileSave(), FileLoad() support the new imc Version 3 format
- FileOpenSave() can now also use the "imc/Text" and "imc/Video" formats when loading.
- A new parameter for the font style of the user-defined legend and ticks has been added to the function library of the curve kit